Sunday 23 February 2014

Re-vamped Blog as it was looking too grey - just like the weather....


and I decided to watch my House of Elliot DVD's and inevitably that put me in Miniature Dolls House mode-Boudoir Doll mode. The clothes were beautiful and I wish there were more sumptuous 1920s-1930s costume dramas on T - I've not had time to watch Boardwalk Empire, yet.
Louise Lombard who played Evie was beautiful! I've a flat pack Edwardian House which I always had earmarked for this House of Ellliot and I found this image of actual street they used for the drama.
However I had to go out earlierand was passing a shop with a Sale rail of costume jewellery and I bought this......
and rushed home to dig out my Boudoir Doll heads
I've always loved that dark sultry eye look. Some people find them scary - maybe the composition Keen-eye are a bit, they have those Joan Crawford over painted lips and a frozen stare! But the French silk heads are amazing. How I would have loved to have seen one being made! They are reminiscent of those Silent Screen stars...like Myrna Loy (I think this is her?
or Louise Brooks...
and I love this painting by 1920's illustrator Gerda Wegener much like Tamara de Lempika but softer, and this is one of her less saucy images....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.