Monday 3 March 2014

A Brooke Tucker roombox made during a workshop.....

I was browsing Art Deco inspired vignettes and came across this room set on the Brook Tucker website
Wonderful isn't it? Her attention to detail and precision to scale was amazing. I believe she has moved onto other things but the company survives and is continuing to create and take workshops.
Back in the mid 90's I was lucky enough to attend a workshop run by her in Birmingham (England) just prior to the Miniatura exhibition. I made a wood-paneled room and boy was it an intensive two days!! I remember I bought a Sid Cook house too and don't know how I managed home with it all on the train - with a suitcase too.
She was amazing, full of stories and such a character. I packed this box away a while back but it's okay, I'll maybe fix the curtains and look out the furniture I had in it. We had to bring our own wallpaper, carpet etc... so it's quite dated, dull even. But all the wood etc...everything was supplied and cut exactly to the millimeter

If I was brave enough I'd re-paper it with some hand-painted scenes - make it more Georgian/Regency inspired, pale lemons and greens - Chinoiserie which might brighten up the woodwork paneling.
But then I'd need to change the carpet - or would I? - I don't want to mess with it too much just change the wallpaper. Maybe it needs a higher fireplace too, new curtains - that pelmet annoys me now too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.